- Essential documentary films for higher education
- Exclusive academic streaming for films from renowned leaders in documentary film distribution:
- Over 670 titles
- Flexible licensing options
- Curate your own collection, or choose one of ours
- High quality encoding
- Variable bitrate delivery
- Support for desktop and mobile devices
- Delivery via high performance distributed content delivery network
- MARC records
- Searchable, interactive transcripts (the list is growing)
- Detailed analytics
- Free previews (first 10 minutes) for registered users
- Free 30-day trial available
Docuseek2 continues to grow — we have added over 35 titles since the beginning of the year from Bullfrog Films and Icarus Films.
Of particular note:
- The four-title Standing on Sacred Ground series from Bullfrog Films, about indigenous people from eight different cultures standing up for their traditional sacred lands in defense of cultural survival, human rights and the environment.
- The acclaimed Middletown series from Academy-Award winner Peter Davis — a six-film portrait of a prototypical middle American community, Muncie, Indiana.
- The remarkable first two parts of The Battle of Chile. Judy Stone of the San Francisco Chronicle called it "a landmark in the presentation of living history on film." Docuseek2 is the only legal site online that streams The Battle of Chile.
- New titles from dGenerate Films, the source for independent documentary film from China, providing unique, personal views of the world's most populous country. We have created The dGenerate Films Collection to highlight this significant group of films.
- Plus another 15 recent releases from Icarus Films.
... and New Collections
Docuseek2 has always had an especially strong selection of films from around the world, telling unique stories about the lives of our world neighbors as they negotiate the environmental, political, economic and social challenges of contemporary life. To highlight this content we have created three new regional thematic collections, and updated a fourth:
- The African Studies Collection (61 titles)
- The Asian Studies Collection (61 titles)
- The Latin American Studies Collection (69 titles)
- The Middle East Studies Collection (44 titles)
World map by Michael Belew / public domain