- The story of how America led the world to solve the ozone crisis. Will we dare to do the same with climate change?. >>
- Chock-full of rare footage and LSD-celebrity interviews, an informative and entertaining historical and scientific 'trip.' >>
- The final film in Micha X. Peled's Globalization Trilogy examines the epidemic of suicides amongst India's cotton farmers, deeply in debt after switching to genetically modified seeds. >>
- Renowned architect Rem Koolhaas and students from The Harvard Project on the City explore Lagos, Nigeria, interpreting the chaotic city in an innovative, surprising way. >>
- An investigation of the dangers the nation faces from runaway health care spending as well as the dangers patients face from over-diagnosis and over-treatment. >>
- The definitive account of Loving v. Virginia, the landmark 1967 Supreme Court decision that legalized interracial marriage. >>
The Architecture Collection
We released our first thematic collection, The Architecture Collection for streaming to colleges and universities in March.
The Architecture Collection includes eighteen acclaimed documentaries that explore the diverse world of contemporary architecture and design. The works in this collection examine the range of the architectural experience, from aboriginal forms and mud construction to cutting edge contemporary forms and green design.
Together, the collection provides a rich historical and cross-cultural overview of design and construction and an essential guide to the ideas guiding them in the 21st century. Register and log in to Docuseek2 to view pricing for your institution!
Welcome Kartemquin Films!
Chicago-based Kartemquin Films has been a center for independent documentary filmmaking since the 1960s. We are excited very excited to announce that Kartemquin Films will be adding a selection of their award-winning documentaries to Docuseek2 beginning in April. Kartemquin will start with 22 of their renowned classic documentaries, including Home for Life (1966), The Chicago Maternity Center Story (1976), Taylor Chain (1980/1983) and The Last Pullman Car (1983). These films will now be available for the first time for streaming to colleges and universities. Watch this page or our Twitter feed for updates!
Docuseek2 now has MARC records for more than 235 of our 300 titles. We plan to have records for all of the Bullfrog Films and Icarus Films titles on the site by the end of April. Catalogers may export MARC records as a MARC file (.mrc file) for a single title from the title's page (Cataloging tab), or for licensed titles (selected or all) from the My Accounts page:Cataloging tab (for account admins).