- What are the consequences of a childhood removed from nature? Six screen-addicted teens take their first wilderness adventure. >>
- An essayistic investigation into the maritime trade at the heart of the global supply chain and 21st-century capitalism. >>
- A new exploration into the relevance of Karl Marx's ideas for understanding the global economic and financial crisis. >>
- A design revolution that connects buildings to the natural world, buildings where people feel and perform better. >>
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy wants to turn Paris into the model super-metropolis for the 21st century, and plenty of world-class architects would like the job. >>
- The Academy Award-nominated story of the radicalization of an environmental activist, from his involvement with the Earth Liberation Front to his eventual arrest by the FBI as a terrorist. >>
The Architecture Collection
We released our first thematic collection, The Architecture Collection for streaming to colleges and universities in March.
The Architecture Collection includes eighteen acclaimed documentaries that explore the diverse world of contemporary architecture and design. The works in this collection examine the range of the architectural experience, from aboriginal forms and mud construction to cutting edge contemporary forms and green design.
Together, the collection provides a rich historical and cross-cultural overview of design and construction and an essential guide to the ideas guiding them in the 21st century. Register and log in to Docuseek2 to view pricing for your institution!
Welcome Kartemquin Films!
Chicago-based Kartemquin Films has been a center for independent documentary filmmaking since the 1960s. We are excited very excited to announce that Kartemquin Films will be adding a selection of their award-winning documentaries to Docuseek2 beginning in April. Kartemquin will start with 22 of their renowned classic documentaries, including Home for Life (1966), The Chicago Maternity Center Story (1976), Taylor Chain (1980/1983) and The Last Pullman Car (1983). These films will now be available for the first time for streaming to colleges and universities. Watch this page or our Twitter feed for updates!
Docuseek2 now has MARC records for more than 235 of our 300 titles. We plan to have records for all of the Bullfrog Films and Icarus Films titles on the site by the end of April. Catalogers may export MARC records as a MARC file (.mrc file) for a single title from the title's page (Cataloging tab), or for licensed titles (selected or all) from the My Accounts page:Cataloging tab (for account admins).